Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

REPOST: Signal drops when switching on 3G (iPhone 3GS & iOS6)

Initially posted on Dec 3, 2012 11:35 AM

Hi,

I'm using an iPhone 3GS with iOS 6.0.1. Whenever I switch on 3G, my signal drops dramatically, and eventually (within a few seconds) disappears completely. "No service" is shown in the status bar and I can't receive or make any calls, nor receive or send any messages, nor browse the internet. With 3G switched off, no problem occurs at all. However, this way I'm forced to use Edge for mobile data, which is extremely slow (with all respect to the developers of this technology ofcourse, which was revolutionary in those days :-p).

I've tried several things to fix this problem:
* I've contacted my provider to make sure it wasn't their fault.
* I've replaced my SIM by a new one.
* I've reset my network settings.
* I've inserted a new SIM-holder.
Nothing seems to help.

Browsing the web, I noticed that several similar problems have been reported since the upgrade to iOS6.

Is there yet any solution to this problem?
Is Apple working on this issue?
Since downgrading isn't supported, do I just have to live with it and wait for the next update of iOS6? I hope not.

I've paid a lot back in the day for a top notch mobile phone and I'm paying for a mobile service which includes 3G and I can't use it.

Any help or support would be appreciated.

Regards,

Philippe

iPhone 3GS, iOS 6.0.1

Posted on Dec 25, 2012 10:09 AM

2 replies

REPOST: Signal drops when switching on 3G (iPhone 3GS & iOS6)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.