Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple store app needed

I think a need the Apple Store App to update to Mountain Lion. I deleted the app in error. I started with Snow Leopard but updated to Lion but did not back it up, as did not know it had to be done before installing. I only have the Snow Leopard disks. Is there anyway I can restore it please?

Mac mini, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Dec 25, 2012 11:18 AM

8 replies

Dec 26, 2012 1:21 PM in response to anthonyfromdf

anthonyfromdf wrote:

How do you get into recovery mode? I don't have the Lion OS on disk only Snow Leopard which may not work?

Then, your statement "I started with Snow Leopard but updated to Lion" confused me. Radiation Mac gave you the steps to reinstall, but I still remain confused. Either you have Lion w/Recovery HD or you don't. Please elucidate.

Dec 27, 2012 3:30 AM in response to baltwo

I bought my Mac Mini with Snow Leopard installed and with it I have the full set of disks. I decided to update to Lion by downloading the software. I then installed it not realising that the app would disappear from the Apps Folder, so I did not have a back up. I removed the Apple Store app because I though I would not need it, my mistake, I now know.

I now have the App, (sent by a helper), so I can now buy Mountain Lion but first remembering to save to disk, for which I have the instructions, on how to do so.

I hope this clears up any confusion. The discussion can be closed now and I thank you and the others who have give me good advice.

Apple store app needed

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.