These errors are typically resolved by performing one or more of the steps listed below:
- Perform USB isolation troubleshooting, including trying a different USB port directly on the computer. See the advanced steps below for USB troubleshooting.
- Put a USB 2.0 hub between the device and the computer.
- Try a different USB 30-pin dock-connector cable.
- Eliminate third-party security software conflicts.
- There may be third-party software installed that modifies your default packet size in Windows by inserting one or more TcpWindowSize entries into your registry. Your default packet size being set incorrectly can cause this error. Contact the manufacturer of the software that installed the packet-size modification for assistance. Or, follow this article by Microsoft: How to reset Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) to reset the packet size back to the default for Windows.
- Connect your computer directly to your Internet source, bypassing any routers, hubs, or switches. You may need to restart your computer and modem to get online.
- Try to restore from another known-good computer and network.
Thank you Illaas for quick responding.
My firsthand problem is not the USB theme.
The apple server seems to slow to get the download of the right ios in time before a timeout error occurs.
I will nevertheless try your advices as far as i´m able to.
Got to shut down now, because i´m down with a timeout for the umpteenth time and no possibility to act in another way than to look at a screen showhing ab USB-cable and a iTunes Logo.
HAve to get some sleep and new ideas .
so long thank you