Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why won't my apps download on new ipad mini?

My apps will not download on my new ipad mini? They remain in the "waiting" stage for days. have tried deleting and re-downloading one by one, but have not had any success.

iPad, iOS 6.0.2, Ipad mini

Posted on Dec 25, 2012 11:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 28, 2012 2:22 PM

Mine is doing the same thing?

11 replies

Dec 28, 2012 2:29 PM in response to Isabella82

Restart your iPad. Hold down both the Home and Sleep buttons for 10 - 15 seconds, until the apple logo appears on screen and then release both buttons.

Wait for your iPad to reboot itself.

Go into Settings => Wifi and tap the blue arrow on the Wifi connection your are trying to use. Tap forget this Network. Go back to Wifi and log back into the network. Tap the blue arrow again when you are connected. Set Proxy to Automatic.

If you are still having trouble connecting to your wifi, which is what it sounds like to me, restart your router. Unplug it and wait a minute or two. Plug it back in and wait for it to stabilize and download the latest IP information from your internet provider.

If your connection starts working the way it should you are in luck.

If it is still giving you problems, go back into the wifi connection, tap the blue arrow and tap Renew Lease. This should pull the latest IP addresses from your router.

This should help.

Feb 4, 2013 7:29 PM in response to Isabella82

I was having the same problem and I tried the following and now everything is working fine:

1. Reset Network Settings. Resetting your network settings is a fast, easy way to trouble shoot your WiFi connection issues on your iPad Mini, and also on your iPad and iPhone as well. Resetting your network settings allows your device to flush out all cache information from your wireless network, DNS and nameserver settings, etc… basically it allows your device to start fresh on your wireless network.Here’s how to reset your network settings on your iPad Mini (iPhone and iPad as well).Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. Tap “Settings” icon on your homepage > tap the “General” option > tap on “Reset” > then finally tap on “Reset Network Settings”. Your iPad will restart.
  2. Renew IP Address.
    Settings > Wifi > Tap the Blue Arrow (right-hand side) next to the network that you connect to
    1. Click Auto under HTTP Proxy
    2. Click Renew Lease
  3. Connect to your selected network
  4. Try Safari, then YouTube, then try downloading a free app.

If you still do not have appropriate connectivity after this, take to your local Apple Store/Reseller and test, fix, or replace.

Sep 29, 2014 8:34 AM in response to Isabella82

Has there been a clear solution to this problem? I'm having the same issue. I just purchased an iPad Mini with RetIna and updated the OS to 8.0.2.

After my initial setup, some apps stayed in the waiting mode even though I was able to add new apps. Now all updates and all new apps are in the waiting mode.

I have tried reseting the iPad, I've tried various wifi connections as well as using the LTE (please no suggestions related to my connection please - it's not this), I've tried deleting and re-adding the apps. Nothing works so far.

I'll try erasing and starting over soon if no other feasible solutions are forthcomin.

Why won't my apps download on new ipad mini?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.