Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do i delete a contact on FaceTime

how do i delete facetime conacts on a macbook air

Posted on Dec 25, 2012 1:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 26, 2012 6:10 AM

You can delete any contacts directly from your "contacts list" on the Facetime App, or you can delete them from your address book. On the Facetime contacts list, just click on the contact you wish to remove, and an "edit" option will appear. BE AWARE, whatever changes you make to your Facetime contacts list will be reflected on your Addressbook Application, and the reverse is also true. In other words, your FT contacts list and your addressbook are one and the same. However, if you delete a contact on your Facetime "Favorites" list, your addressbook listings will not be affected.

Using iMac OSX 10.6.8 here

10 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 26, 2012 6:10 AM in response to joshua evans laporte

You can delete any contacts directly from your "contacts list" on the Facetime App, or you can delete them from your address book. On the Facetime contacts list, just click on the contact you wish to remove, and an "edit" option will appear. BE AWARE, whatever changes you make to your Facetime contacts list will be reflected on your Addressbook Application, and the reverse is also true. In other words, your FT contacts list and your addressbook are one and the same. However, if you delete a contact on your Facetime "Favorites" list, your addressbook listings will not be affected.

Using iMac OSX 10.6.8 here

Dec 6, 2013 5:11 PM in response to Farzad_K

I don't know what to say.

Back when I firsat asked this question, I guess in October, I found an answer to it almost immediatey and I shared that solution in this forum just for other people like momuv2dox who may be looking for the same solution. When I found out he had this same question I was wondering why my statement of the solution wasn't posted. I thought to post the solution again and upon trying, I recieved a notice that a "recovered version of my post was available" or something like that. Any way, I accepted to use the recovered version and here we have it...the post I posted back in October is now above this post.

Farzad

Dec 4, 2013 9:57 PM in response to Farzad_K

i Have the same problem as Farzad. The address book in my FACETIME app on my IMAC is 10 times the size it should be. I only facetime no more than 2 dozen people. I don't know how these contacts ( my students from a decade ago) appeared on this facetime contact list on my IMAC. Some of the contacts i click on give me the edit button...but the ones i REALLY want to delete, there is NO EDIT button. Can we get the contacts down to zero and start over? Where did these extra contacts come from. Someone please answer. That would be great!

Nov 29, 2015 7:02 AM in response to Wayne271

on an iPad with iOS9.1 (as I have it) you can NOT permanently delete contacts directly in Facetime (+ = All Contacts; select contact; select Edit etc etc) as written in previous comments. The only way to eliminate contacts permanently is in the App "Contacts". Open it, select contact, select "Edit" (upper right corner) then scroll all the way down,- there is "Delete Contact".

This works 100%

how do i delete a contact on FaceTime

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.