Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Many problems with my Mac since I downloaded Adobe Illustrator.

Hi,

I have had my MacBook Pro for almost two years. And have never experienced these problems. Here are the specs in case you would like to know.

- Mac OS X Version 10.7.5

- Processor 2.3 GHz Intel COre i5

- Memory 4 GB 1333 MHz ddR3

- I also use an external monitor (HdTV via HdMI cable)

- I have USB powered wireless speakers, and a USB Logitech mic attached as well via a 4 input USB hub (I keep all of these attached all the time because the cords drop below my desk and it is easier to leave them pluggled in.

- Also I have a wireless Apple Blutooth keyboard that I have setup an use

Here are all the idfferent problems I have been experiencing:

For some reason, ever since I downloaded and installed Adobe Illustrator CS6, my computer has been having the following problems.

1. Beeping constantly when I am in the program "finder"
  2. When I leave my browser (chrome), my mac continuously types the letter "d". (Which I have experienced multiple times while typing this) [however it seems to work fine if I am typing while inside "chrome"
  3. Cursor continues to flash no matter what program I am in
  4. When I pull down a menu bar tab (regardless of what program), it highlights different buttons and flashes rapidly between them. (BUT I can still click the desired option without a problem)
  5. When a type the letter "d" in a word, the letter seems to not register as quickly as other letters. For instance, when I type the word "idscussion" <-- that happens. But if I type it more slowly like this --> discussion: it works absolutely fine. Obviously this would be a problem because it is not my edsired typing s...p...e...e...d. 🙂
  6. When I right click, a menu will show up but then go away immediately (in other words it will flash)

And I have checked for any crumbs under my keys but there is absolutely nothing because I have a keyboard cover that protects from things like that.

I'm not sure if Illustrator has anything to od with this problem. But the problem started the second after it was installed. Maybe it's just coincidential.

An dthank you so much! I know this is a lot so I am very grateful to anyone who can tackle this problem.

I have also googled for other people with a similair problem but all the solutions that were given have not worked. ie. unplugging my wireless mouse dongle.

Thanks so much!

Ben

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Dec 25, 2012 4:39 PM

There are no replies.

Many problems with my Mac since I downloaded Adobe Illustrator.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.