Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot upload iphoto book

I have a MacBook Pro with Build 12C60, 8 GB Ram, 175 GB HD available, using Mountain Lion 10.8.2 and iPhoto 11 (v 9.4.2).

I am trying to upload a iphoto book. There are 90 pages in the book. The upload consistently freezes at various points in the upload. I have tried the following to no avail:

1. Restarted the computer with Options and used Recovery OS to repair disc permissions and to check the HD

2. I have a second new logic board from Apple about a month ago. I have a new hard drive. My OS is new as of 4 weeks ago when I put in a new OS.

3. My iPhoto library is an Aperture Library which I share with Aperture.

4. I have restarted both applications with proceeding down the list of repairs on the same library with each program

5. I have Previewed the book without any problems using Adobe Reader

6. I have no issues logging into my iCloud with my password, but it is only 7 letters and numbers. I have no issues purchasing items from iTunes, etc with this password

7. I have zapped my PRAM

8. I have started up in SAFE mode, but it still hangs up and freezes during uploading part of the process

I have not tried to create a book in Aperture as it seems more cumbersome than iPhoto, but would that make a difference?

Some of the pictures end with *.png file as I cut and pasted them into Evernote and then dragged them "successfully" into Aperture or iPhoto using the Aperture Library with both apps.

Any other thoughts?

W

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Dec 25, 2012 4:54 PM

5 replies

Dec 25, 2012 8:34 PM in response to LarryHN

I think I did as directed. I controlled-clicked and used my cursor to select all my pictures. I then selected to Preview the book. That took me to my default PDF reader, Adobe. I saw all the images. Saved the files as a PDF to my desktop. Closed Adobe. Went to iPhoto and, while in Safe mode, selected to Buy Book.

I have tried this on two different mac.com accounts. iPhoto is crashing each time with each user. I see the two horizontal bars which normally would turn blue as the upload progresses, however, it crashes now and quits unexpectantly before even a drop of blue bar appears on the top line.

Dec 25, 2012 8:45 PM in response to William Hooper

No - did you actually read the link? there is no select all - you open the book in iPhoto as directed in the article referenced, right click in the background around the book and choose preview - this gives you a PDF typicaly in Preview

1. Open iPhoto.
  2. Select the book, card, or calendar from the source list on the left.
  3. Control-click the area surrounding your book, card or calendar. The surrounding area of your book might be white, gray, black or brown depending on the iPhoto version you are using.

That may or may not help but it is a known way to work and often resolves issues or smokes the cause out

LN

Cannot upload iphoto book

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.