Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes crashes when I go to the iTunes Store

I have spent a day trying to troubleshoot this. I am running Windows 7 64bit and have not used iTunes for a few months (but had no issues when I used on my Macbook).

On installing the newest version today, it would crash my iTunes when I tried to visit the iTunes Store - being the window would become unclickable, and frozen, and would not grab focus when clicked in the system taskbar. The only way to close it was to shut it down via task manager.

I have tried several things that others have tried with supposed success.

I tried rolling back from 11 to 10.7 and still had the same issue (after deleting all preferences etc).

I ran msgconfig and disabled bonjour and mobileme, as someone said had worked for them before.

I uninstalled, wiped everything and then tried installing 11 again.

Tried running in compatibility mode.

Disabled something called FixIt, which a lot of people said had worked, I updated my computer, and restarted.

Tried disabling bonjour again after reenabling it.

Genius was never enabled on this new version of iTunes, as it was not an update but a fresh install.

If anyone can help me, i'd be very appeciative.

Posted on Dec 25, 2012 6:36 PM

There are no replies.

iTunes crashes when I go to the iTunes Store

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.