Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unmerge calendars from iCloud?

My master copy of calendars is in my Mac but when I connected my dad's iCloud account into my Mac, my calendars were automatically merged into that account. How do I "unmerge" my calendars into the iCloud account? I've tried ways like disconnecting the account from my Mac but all my calendar events were gone... when I checked the account from the internet, they were all there....

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Dec 25, 2012 6:49 PM

8 replies

Dec 26, 2012 12:50 AM in response to Deldelcai

Provided your and his calendars are still separate within iCloud - i.e. as long as you haven't merged events within one calendar, which can't be unpicked - you can move your calendars back from iCloud to 'On My Mac' so that they show on your Mac but not on iCloud. The method, which has to be applied one calendar at a time, is described in the second set of numbered instructions here:

Moving iCloud calendars between 'On My Mac' and iCloud

Dec 26, 2012 9:45 AM in response to Deldelcai

First worth noting, "automatically merged" doesn't happen. You have to tell it to do that, but clicking the "merge" button.

Rogers instructions are good, but you may run into a problem with step 3. Commonly, there will be no "on my mac" when you go to re-import, while still connected to icloud. You'll have to export all the calendars first, sign out of icloud, and then re-import.

Unmerge calendars from iCloud?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.