Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Using iTunes

I'm new to iTunes and Apple products, so this is the problem:

iTunes: I have the latest version for Windows 7. The library is empty, except I just added some videos to it.

Apple iPad 1: I bought this from another person, which is why there were already some files (videos, pictures, etc.) on the iPad. Some of them I found useful, so I want to keep some files.

The Situation: When I connected the iPad to the computer, they recognized it and let me play the files. Somehow the computer don't recognize the iPad as a media storage device (so I can explore the files inside). I want to add the videos I just added to the iTunes's library to the iPad. But I couldn't except using sync, which they'll delete all the videos on the iPad. I can't drag either because for some reasons they don't let me drag the videos to the iPad's video section.

The Question: Is there an easy way to add the videos to the iPad without losing any files and without using sync? I know iTunes help said you can drag to the iPad, but my computer doesn't let me. Because the iPad wasn't a media storage device, I can't copy files to my computer so I can sync later. So can someone show me a way to add videos to an iPad?

Thank you.

iPad, Windows 7

Posted on Dec 25, 2012 6:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 30, 2012 8:57 PM

I found the answer when I came across some websites. It said mark the option manage your videos and music manually

1 reply

Using iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.