Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Need help with opening file

Hi All,

I have several files like the one below that Apple transferred from my old PC to my macbook when I bought it. I would like to open them up and see what is in them but do not know how. They do not open with iPhoto. If I try to I get a window saying unreadable script.

User uploaded file

Here is the window when i try to open with iphoto:User uploaded file

I am currently with 10.6. When the files were imported from the old PC I was at 10.5. I'd like to open them to see if I want to keep them or not.

Thanks

Ron

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Dec 25, 2012 7:59 PM

7 replies

Dec 25, 2012 8:16 PM in response to stevejobsfan0123

WHen I click on get info, there is no file type but rather it says "kind" and then iphoto. Above the info on it is a dark gray looking card shape that has "exec" in the upper left corner. Not suer why the screen shots don't take. They post to the message when I am composing but then they do not post when I submit the message..

I assume the "kind" of file is the file "type".

Need help with opening file

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.