Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why are deleted contacts still showing up when I text?

Hello, I've deleted contacts from my I-Phone 5, but they still show up when I go to send a text automatically. This is really annoying, and if Apple's answer is that it's not a bug, but a feature of the phone . . . . . that's pretty unacceptable. There must be another way to actually delete these contacts without completely resetting your phone.

iPhone 5, iOS 6.0.2

Posted on Dec 25, 2012 11:34 PM

3 replies

Jan 17, 2013 10:45 PM in response to Soks78

just thought you like to know having apple do a hard reset to my phone didn't fix the problem I still have the deleted contact show up when I text anyone who has the same letters in their name. Infact the apple store employees and phone operators told me I completely stumped them and they have no idea how to fix this since that contact does not show up anywere else and a hard reset also failed. they said that eventually maybe my phone will fix itself with one of there upgrades but if I should figure out how to fix it on my own to please let them know how I did it.

Why are deleted contacts still showing up when I text?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.