Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 4 missing hundreds of photos after 1000, 2000... shots!

Hi, I have experienced a realy big problem with iPhone 4. When you reach a thousand or two thousand (plus) pictures you've taken on your phone, dozens of pictures are invisible from Photo Stream and it seems as if you hadn't taken those photos.. I'm absolutely fuming! It happened to me not once but many times now! It's absolutely ridiculous! No other smartphone does that!

iPhone 4, iOS 5.1.1

Posted on Dec 26, 2012 1:49 AM

5 replies

Dec 26, 2012 1:55 AM in response to Lewsiom

Photostream only stores the most recent 1000 photos for up to 30 days. That is by design and clearly communicated in all the info about PhotoStream on Apple's website here:

http://www.apple.com/icloud/features/photo-stream.html

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4486

PhotoStream is not a permanent storage place for photos. It is a conduit for wirelessly transferring photos between iOS devices and back to computers. You are supposed to transfer the photo from PhotoStream to a permanent storage on your computer within 30 days or before you have taken 1000 photos.

Dec 26, 2012 2:17 AM in response to Julian Wright

I always make sure to backup my photos straight after I have taken them and I also delete the pictures from my Photo Stream using my pc, in order to free up space, I don't store photos longer than 2 weeks on my device, as I take a lot of pictures. I had around 130 pictures in my Photo Stream and Camera Roll when I went out last night to take a few pictures of my town's xmas lights. I took around 200, I even checked them on my iPhone straight after taking them.. I've synced my phone in the morning and I had also copied all the photos to my computer. I had 2 folders, so I knew, I must have passed the 4000 mark. Altogether, I had around 360 pictures in my Photo Stream. The missing ones were in the older folder, not in the new one that's been created as I reached 4000 shots...

Dec 26, 2012 3:42 AM in response to Julian Wright

Unfortunately, the photos vanished from my Photo Streams are new ones, marked above 3980.. also there's no picture marked as 4000 but 4001... It seems like some sort of bug, as it always happens to me when I reach another thousand mark, and I told you, I don't store pictures on my iPhone longer than 2 weeks and I don't store more than what is imortant to me, like my portfolio with around a 100 pictures and some wallpapeprs. I sync my device regularly but still, these problem keeps bothering me... TThank you for your help, anyway and a Merry Christmas!

iPhone 4 missing hundreds of photos after 1000, 2000... shots!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.