Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

App store asks me to repurchase previously (all) purchased apps

Hi,

It seems that all my purchases have been lost, as I am trying to download/add apps/games that I have previously purchased and the system shows that I have to rebuy them. Does this means that I lost thousands of pounds (Mac,iphone and ipad) of previously bought applications? Is there a simple explanation for this? Does anyone else has the same problem?

I tried to rectify the issue by doing several things like: I waited for the store to refresh, I even rebooted the system, checked my other apple systems that are connected to Apple store etc, but I get the same issue. Should I wait a little bit longer to see if it is a Apples system error, or should I call them?

I got the same issue on my mac,iphone and ipad.

Posted on Dec 26, 2012 4:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 26, 2012 5:46 AM

There is a contact link on the App Store. I would suggest you choose that and get it resolved.

Make sure you are using the same AppleID you used originally.

Is there anything listed in your Purchased section?

If you go into your Account on the App Store, there is a button to show hidden purchases. Try that (however having them hidden wouldn't require you to purchase them again).

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 26, 2012 5:46 AM in response to IcarusInFlames

There is a contact link on the App Store. I would suggest you choose that and get it resolved.

Make sure you are using the same AppleID you used originally.

Is there anything listed in your Purchased section?

If you go into your Account on the App Store, there is a button to show hidden purchases. Try that (however having them hidden wouldn't require you to purchase them again).

Dec 26, 2012 10:57 AM in response to Barney-15E

Thank you very much for your response Barney.

- I have only one AppleID (Mac/iphone/ipad) and I am using that.

- I can actually see all my purchases in the purchased page, but unfortunately the app store (Top Charts/Search) is not recognising the apps that I have purchased (but not installed). I did not have that issue before (yesterday).

- The Hide Purchased information can be found in the Purchased tab (by right clicking on the app), and is an 'per app' option. The account doesnt have such an option, at least not mine.

Dec 26, 2012 3:40 PM in response to Barney-15E

🙂 Thats not my point, I can install it from there yes but it is inconvenient, there is no search/filter button nor I can order the list and also for some reason I cannot view the purchased page in the app store in my Ipad and in my iphone, as it always crashes;

Probably I will have to ask Apple to look into my account and fix whatever fault is caused as it is a general error (Mac/Ipad/iphone app stores) . The only thing I hope that is not permanent.

App store asks me to repurchase previously (all) purchased apps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.