Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Anyone having screen issues using the Otterbox defender case on an iPod touch 4G

Just started using the 2 different iPod 4Gs and 2 Otterbox Defender cases yesterday and within a couple hours started having issues with the screen stuttering or different buttons activating on the screen that I did not touch. When I take the case off the iPod it seems to work fine. Does anyone have this same issue? Is it the case? Is it static electricity? I have taken the case off and wiped down both sides of the built-in screen protector and wiped the iPod screen, reinstalled the case but it begins similar activity again in short order. Any suggestions?

iPod touch, iOS 6.0.1

Posted on Dec 26, 2012 7:18 AM

2 replies

Dec 27, 2012 6:36 AM in response to lllaass

I did and in that discussion it appears her problem manifests along the edge of the screen where as my issue is anywhere on the screen. Middle, sides, top or bottom. And it is not immediate upon installing the ipod in the case. That was what made me curious if it was a static issue that builds up after use and not immediately after installing the otterbox case. I am experimenting with a regular screen protector on the face today without the case to see if I may need to change to a commuter series case. Going to see if a screen protector actually installed on the face makes a differences versus the one that is part of the case as in the defender.

Anyone having screen issues using the Otterbox defender case on an iPod touch 4G

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.