Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Atlassian Confluence is only available on localhost:8090 / no access via domain-URL

Hello Apple-Community!

I've been trying hard to make it happen these days: running Atlassian Confluence on OS X Server. Well, it works fine. But I can only access it via localhost:8090 instead of loading it by URL from outsite of my network. Why is this?

Here's what I've got:

- Confluence running on localhost (all good / URL has been adjusted within the admin-panel also)

- Website turned on, having my domain set (empty folder at data/sites/...)

- Other Services active are:

• Caching
  • File Sharing
  • DNS
  • Open Directory
  • Profile Manager
  • Software Updates

I do assume two possible solutions:

1. My server configuration is not correct
  2. The Apache needs to be configured

Million-Dollar-Questions is: What do I need to do, to access Confluence via domain-URL under OS X Server?

So, if there is anybody in this forums who has Atlassian Confluence running with access via domain-Url and/or somebody who help me out with my issue ... I'ld be pretty happy (spent uncountable hours so far).

Thanks a million!

Tom

OS X Server

Posted on Dec 26, 2012 8:17 AM

1 reply

Dec 26, 2012 8:12 PM in response to venone

Hi... I saw this post earlier today, but know zero about Atlassian Confluence, I didn't respond.

Given no response yet, I'll throw out a few generic tips.

- You want to access it from outside your LAN. On your server, its running on port 8090- is that the port you expect it to run on? Or do you expect it to run on port 80? What are results of:

sudo lsof -i :8090

- If it should be running on 8090, do you have 8090 port mapped through your router?

- If you are trying to access by hostname (confluence.domain.com), you may need to use internal DNS to map this name to your server's LAN IP address. Some routers support NAT Loopback, yours may not. Google NAT Loopback and you'll find some info.

The important thing is this, what URL do you expect it to run on? (so I know the port# you want).

A big issue with 10.8 server is that it wants to take-over the http(80) and https(443) ports, and if you want to run your own server on those ports, it can be a trick to have the server release those ports to your app.

Post a bit more detail and we'll continue with this.

Atlassian Confluence is only available on localhost:8090 / no access via domain-URL

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.