Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Connecting my iPad Mini and my iPhone 4s to my Windows 8

I just got an iPad mini over christmas shortly after we got a new HPEnvy23 with Windows 8. When i tried to connect it to the computer, it makes a noise like it has connected, but doesnt charge or pop up in the itunes. The first time i tried, it said "pairing failed". The same happened when i tried connecting my 4s. On the support pages, the help goes as far as Windows 7 but not 8. I need help!

iPad mini Wi-Fi

Posted on Dec 26, 2012 8:46 AM

1 reply

Dec 26, 2012 9:07 AM in response to jimmydicken

jimmydicken wrote:

The first time i tried, it said "pairing failed".

This suggests you are trying to connect them via Bluetooth, which will not work. The iPad and iPhone can only conect to bluetooth earphones,, hands free decvies, and some car bluetooth devices. It cannot pair with a Pc as there are no bluetooth services it can use on the PC, nor the PC can use on the iPad.

They must be connected to the Pc using the provided USB cables. The iPad Mini also requires that the latest iTunes version be installed on the PC. in this case it would be iTunes 11. Which can be downloaded from here:

http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/

When connected to the PC running iTunes the iPad and iPhone should appear on the top right as buttons:

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

Connecting my iPad Mini and my iPhone 4s to my Windows 8

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.