Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I signed up for Apple ID and Apple Support Communities separately. Can I merge the two accounts?

I signed up for an "Apple ID" and an "Apple Support Communities username" separately using the same e-mail address. Is there any way to merge the two accounts?

I signed up for "Apple Support Communities" several years ago to get help with Apple products. I then signed up for an "Apple ID" later on to buy stuff at the iTunes Store.

I was trying to access "Apple Support Communities" using my Apple ID and I get prompted to choose a username. But when I type my current username, it says the username is already taken. Alternatively, if I try to choose a new username to go along with my Apple ID, I get a message saying that there is a username already assigned to my e-mail address.

For some reason, "Apple Support Communities" is not intuitively syncing the two accounts together despite the fact that they are linked to the same e-mail address.

I don't want to cancel either of these accounts since I have activities using one/the other that I do want to preserve.

Can anyone help me merge these two accounts together?

Thanks.

Apple ID and Apple Support Communit-OTHER

Posted on Dec 26, 2012 11:20 AM

7 replies

Jan 3, 2013 9:27 AM in response to ebolaz

I will do it for you. I can't say they will take any action, they operate in their own way, but if they feel there may be a threat to your security they will normally take it seriously. My guess is they would eMail their actions to you, though not to me of course.

I hope this will help.

Okay; I've now reported the thread.

Message was edited by: seventy one

I signed up for Apple ID and Apple Support Communities separately. Can I merge the two accounts?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.