Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari quits unexpectedly

My safari quits unexpectedly and says 'Safari quit unexpectedly while using WaveFlow.png plugin.' Does anyone know how to fix this?

MacBook Pro

Posted on Dec 26, 2012 11:53 AM

7 replies

Dec 26, 2012 2:56 PM in response to ebedell

You’ve been infected with the “Flashback” malware. See this Apple support document:

About Flashback malware

Back up all data, if you haven't already done so.

Select Software Update to install the latest Java update, as well as any other available updates. That should clear the infection in most cases. You must update to the latest version of OS X 10.6 or 10.7 before you can install the Java update.

The removal tool runs automatically in the background and is then deleted. Don’t look for something to click. If the malware is removed, you’ll be notified.

After you’ve secured your system — not before — change every Internet password you have, starting with banking passwords, and check all financial accounts for unauthorized transactions.

Dec 26, 2012 5:25 PM in response to Linc Davis

I went to update all software which was a total of 9 updates and it said the computer must restart to install them. When I click restart the computer does not restart. It just goes to a standard desktop background. The computer will restart using the power button, but will not install any of the new updates. The Flashback malware removal hardware will not work unless I can install the updates. Do you know what I should do from here? Is there a way to update my software without restarting?

Safari quits unexpectedly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.