Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

still no solution for greyed out wifi and bluetooth - what to do? been messing around with it for weeks and now discover I'm just outside of warranty period? WHAT?

I am in such a predicament - phone not been quite right since the 6.1 update and I was tolerating the inconvenience of switching off and on etc etc for the past couple of months and now the wifi and bluetooth are totally greyed out all the time - did every restore possible including back to factory settings - still no luck - please don't tell me that trying all the solutions over the past 2 months that temporarily worked for a few days at a time will now mean I have timed myself out of the 1 year warranty? arghhhhh (I can't believe that such an issue will create the response 'oh well, your problem - best just buy another one' ???)

I can't just drop everything and drive to the apple store and wait for hours every time there's a 'glitch' otherwise I may as well move nextdoor to the mall. They tell you to try and solve it yourself first - which I did - and now it's not responding to anything I try, will I be told - 'too late, out of warranty'???

I see theres an update for the iphone 5 that fixes wifi bugs - what about us 4s owners? even my 3 year old 3gs is still working on wifi (haven't dared to update it!) so don't start telling me to expect that the iphone will only last 13 months - NOT AT $600 a piece

This is madness and driving me crazy

Please has anyone had any luck fixing this problem???

iPhone 4S, iOS 6.0.1

Posted on Dec 26, 2012 12:37 PM

4 replies

Dec 26, 2012 12:59 PM in response to KiltedTim

well, you know how it is - glitches that usually resolve with a hard reset etc

then a restore. then a factory restore....then ..... nothing fixes so I try the next step with apple online - fill out my serial number and find it is a couple of weeks out of date - and then with the holidays who has time to get to the apple store? this is my second 4s handset as it is - first one the glass cracked from L to R without any impact/damage etc - they changed it out automatically because it's a 'known fault' apparently - so technically, this handset is only 6 months old - but warranty is from original purchase date -

never imagined it would turn out to be a warranty issue with the phone - and hey maybe when I get a chance to go to the apple store they'll be sympathetic, but I won't be able to get there till at least Jan 4th as it is. On the other hand, another iOS update might resolve the issue - but how long till that release? at the moment I'm having to use my old 3gs for wifi and 4s for phone!!!

Dec 26, 2012 1:06 PM in response to KiltedTim

yeah I realize that - in my mind i'd got my new phone 'around christmas time' last year - in reality it was end of november - so by the time I got to the stage of 'sod this for a game of soldiers I need to go to the store' - I filled in the on line form and found out the fateful date.....

but you know how usually when there's a 'glitch' - you turn the phone off and on again, and all is good...well that's what this 'appeared' to be.....until now....just feels real s*** and the fact that even a factory restore hasn't fixed the bug is totally mystifying to me.

I have seen a number of people with this problem and no solution that works for some of them - even my sons apparently hopeless 3gs was fixed of many bugs through diagnosis and DIY at home by me persevering with it. Apple encourages everyone to fix at home first...

still no solution for greyed out wifi and bluetooth - what to do? been messing around with it for weeks and now discover I'm just outside of warranty period? WHAT?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.