Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I remove a MIDI device from Logic Pro 9?

I just got a new MIDI controller and want to start using it instead of my current Korg Nanocontrollers. I've unplugged the Korg devices, and now whenever I open Logic Pro 9 I get 2 errors that read about the same:

1. Device "nanoKontrol" is assigned to MIDI port "CTRL" which is not present.

2. Device "nanoKontrol" is assigned to MIDI port "Slider/Knob" which is not present.

My question is how do I remove this issue? Is there a way to disassociate a controller from Logic 9?

Logic Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2), Using PODXT as Audio Device

Posted on Dec 26, 2012 3:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 27, 2012 8:46 AM

I would check in two places:

Do you have any assignment in the Controller Assignment window?

Preferences > Control Surfaces > Controller Assignment

Do you have any MIDI Object in the Environment assigned to the old MIDI Device

These kind of "ghost" assignments are not an issue with Logic but with the Project. Same thing happens with audio devices. They are stored with the Project itself and if you open it up on a different machine with different hardware configurations or change your own hardware setup, then you run into those issues.

Hope that helps

Edgar Rothermich

http://DingDingMusic.com/Manuals/

'I may receive some form of compensation, financial or otherwise, from my recommendation or link.'

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 27, 2012 8:46 AM in response to MIFKAP51

I would check in two places:

Do you have any assignment in the Controller Assignment window?

Preferences > Control Surfaces > Controller Assignment

Do you have any MIDI Object in the Environment assigned to the old MIDI Device

These kind of "ghost" assignments are not an issue with Logic but with the Project. Same thing happens with audio devices. They are stored with the Project itself and if you open it up on a different machine with different hardware configurations or change your own hardware setup, then you run into those issues.

Hope that helps

Edgar Rothermich

http://DingDingMusic.com/Manuals/

'I may receive some form of compensation, financial or otherwise, from my recommendation or link.'

How do I remove a MIDI device from Logic Pro 9?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.