Newsroom Update

The all-new Logic Pro for iPad and Mac delivers breakthrough music-making experiences. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AKAI MPK88 with Logic Pro 9

Has anyone had any luck getting the MPK88 to work with Logic Pro 9? I've been able to get the sliders and faders to work, but have no luck with the transport controls.

Wouldn't it be nice if there was a way to define a device that is not natively supported by Logic Pro. If someone knows how, please advise!!

Logic Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2), Using PODXT as Audio Device

Posted on Dec 26, 2012 3:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 27, 2012 10:46 AM

Update: I've been able to get this to work. Instead of pressing "Command K" to go to Controller assignments, press "Option K" to go to Key assignments. Select the transport functions you want, select Learn Mode, and press the key on the controller. It will get assigned to the function.

Once you do that you can then go back to Controller Assignments to add a logical name to the capabilites you just added.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 27, 2012 10:46 AM in response to MIFKAP51

Update: I've been able to get this to work. Instead of pressing "Command K" to go to Controller assignments, press "Option K" to go to Key assignments. Select the transport functions you want, select Learn Mode, and press the key on the controller. It will get assigned to the function.

Once you do that you can then go back to Controller Assignments to add a logical name to the capabilites you just added.

AKAI MPK88 with Logic Pro 9

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.