2 Replies Latest reply: Dec 29, 2012 8:57 AM by jkeysmn
jkeysmn Level 1 (0 points)

I just connected AudioGram 6 (AG6) audio interface to my MacBook this morning. Recorded a test number successfully. Came back today and found my named file, but it now had the default instrument ( software piano) rather than my 2 guitar tracks. Worse, when I connect AG6, I now don't get phantom power to my condenser mic, and in fact get no mic input recognition whatever.



I've checked all cables, all connections, all is connected. Checked levels, both on the audio interface and on GB.  Again, track volumes up, master volume up. Check inputs - I have selected the appropriate inputs from AG6 to GB. Also set up sys prefs with USB Audio CODEC for inputs and outputs. In short, I did everything that I did this morning to produce recorded tracks.


Now the light on my vocal mic doesn't light, none of the mics record. Thought I had it all figured out this morning, but something seems to have changed in the past 4 hours.



Any thoughts? This seems a lot more difficult than it should be.

GarageBand (Mac) '11, Mac OS X (10.7.2)
  • Edgar Level 4 (2,725 points)

    You said you setup sys pref. Does that mean you see the Audio Device in the Audio MIDI Setup utility? If not then it is not a GB issue and rather a driver or hardware problem.





    Hope that helps


    Edgar Rothermich



    'I may receive some form of compensation, financial or otherwise, from my recommendation or link.'

  • jkeysmn Level 1 (0 points)

    Thanks Edgar. I can't find that utility. Not sure I have it installed. I'm recording using "Real Instruments" (GB's term, not mine). Actually I was referring to the System Preferences >> Sound >> Input/Outputs. I set them to look at the USB Audio CODEC. That works.


    Actually, this turned out to be elsewhere in the signal chain. I had purchased a studio package from American Musical Supply that included monitors, headphones, audio interface, and a pair of cheap chinese cables that were apparently intended for one use only! Anyway, I swapped out the cables with some old cables I used for performing and found that that was the issue. I could hardly believe that not one but both cables could function one minute, then fail (together!) 4 hours later, but that seems to be the case.


    I'm back up and learning how to record. Thanks for the help.