Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Water damage iPod wont charge

My iPod touch was in the front pocket of my jacket when it started to rain. Maybe 25min. (not 25min. in the rain) later I took it out, and the screen was wet 😟. A dollar bill was between the silicone case and my iPod and it was completely dry. I didn't think much of it (big mistake) and continued to use it, and it seemed just fine. Then...

1. Voice control & my music opened and started playing randomly then closed quickly, so I closed all the apps I wasn't using, and it didn't happen again.

2. I noticed a little dew was in the front camera, freaked out, then immediately turned it off and stuck it in rice until the dew was gone (5hrs.) and the camera worked again.

3.The battery icon was red, and when I plugged it into the wall charger the 2 prongs came instead of the lightning bolt thingie, which was weird so freaked out some more then stuck it in rice for 24 hrs.

4. When I took it out of the rice, the battery was dead, so I plugged it into a wall, and it booted up normally, but the icon still showed the 2 prongs. Then it died again.

Now here I am with it plugged into my computer and it displays the red battery and the lightning bolt. It doesn't show up on iTunes or My Computer.

When I unplug it from the charger it dies. I also tried numerous Apple chargers that work fine for other iPods, with no luck. I'm going to stick it rice somemore

because I don't know what to do. I am open to any suggestions at all or even if you just want to yell at me.

iPod touch, iOS 6.0.2

Posted on Dec 26, 2012 3:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 26, 2012 4:13 PM

Apple will exchange your iPod for a refurbished one for this price. They do not fix yours.

Apple - iPod Repair price

It is not user repairable.

6 replies

Water damage iPod wont charge

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.