Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Network Slows Down Every Night!

Each night at exactly 830pm, my network slows down to a crawl....dont know why.

Heres what I have:

One Airport connected to my modem. I have Comcast Business Class, giving me 25 Meg down and 8 Meg up. works fine as it should all day.

Called them about it and they guarantee as a Business Class customer they are not slowing the speed and all looks good from their end. In fact

my iMac thats connected directly to the Airport in the office does not suffer from this problem. I may add that all devices in this house are Apple.

Have a second Airport set up to extend the network.

At 830pm all wireless devices start to slow down.

Am I missing something here, the network worlks great all day but you can set your watch by the problems each night.

Any insight would be appreciated.

Posted on Dec 26, 2012 6:53 PM

1 reply

Dec 26, 2012 7:17 PM in response to Dennis_S

It is pretty clear that you are picking up wireless inteference from another source near you.

My first thought.....a wireless camera/security system near you is switching on each day at 8:30 PM and it is interfering with your network.

Or

Another neighbor's wireless is set to download or upload a large amount of data each night starting at 8:30 PM, and it is likewise interfering with your network.

Or

You or someone near you may have a child going to bed about 8:30 each night and the baby monitor is set to go on at this time and it is interfering with your network.

How to identify these sources is one issue. What if anything you can do once you identify them is another.

You may need to get an IT pro out with professional scanning and diagnostic equipment to help narrow down the possibilities.

Network Slows Down Every Night!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.