Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lion computer with Snow Leopard partition?

If this question has already been answered, I apologize. But I'm looking for my question to be answered as simply as possibly (because I'm not the most tech savvy person). I have a MacBook Pro running on OS X Lion (from the time I purchased it). This Christmas, I realized that I am unable to play an old Sims game I have because Lion doesn't support PowerPC anymore. I've read around and heard that I can download Snow Leopard onto a second partition and then from that partition, play the game.

I have purchased Snow Leopard from the Apple Store a few days ago. I plan on creating a second partition, rebooting my computer to that partition, and then downloading Snow Leopard there. It's to my understanding that I should then be able to play the older game on this partition with Snow Leopard. And I also believe that I should then be able to reboot and switch to the first partition that still has Lion on it to use when I'm not playing the game.

Is this correct? Please explain clearly and simply! Thank you!

(By the way, I'm not looking to run my computer on Snow Leopard entirely. I just want to be able to run it in a small partition and keep Lion on the other partition that I use mainly.)

MacBook Pro

Posted on Dec 26, 2012 8:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 26, 2012 9:15 PM

Your best bet - since your computer shipped with Lion and likely won't run under Snow Leopard - is to use a virtual machine such as Parallels Desktop and run your OS 10.6.x version there. I've seen a number of people doing just that. It may be less expensive, in the long run, just to upgrade your Sims package, however.

Clinton

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 26, 2012 9:15 PM in response to lindsaysrz

Your best bet - since your computer shipped with Lion and likely won't run under Snow Leopard - is to use a virtual machine such as Parallels Desktop and run your OS 10.6.x version there. I've seen a number of people doing just that. It may be less expensive, in the long run, just to upgrade your Sims package, however.

Clinton

Lion computer with Snow Leopard partition?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.