Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Location services not correct

My location service is not working correctly

iPod touch, iOS 6.0.1, not accurate

Posted on Dec 26, 2012 9:14 PM

8 replies

Dec 27, 2012 8:56 AM in response to peperelepew

For location the iPod uses the location nearby wifi routers that are in Apple's data base. You do not have to be connect to the router.

Thus, it appears that the router the iPod is using does not have the correct location in Apple's database. Apple continuously updates their database based on data it obtains from iPhones. No one has found a way to tell apple to correct/add a wifi router to their database.

Did you move the router?

Sep 26, 2013 7:25 AM in response to peperelepew

I have a similar issue. Though it's for an iPad 4 wifi only.

I have moved location (approx 2000 km). However, my location in all apps continues to show my previous place.

As a result I get inputs re' weather, places of interest as per the concerned app of places 2000 km away. Have tried everything to resolve it. Nothing works. Even maps or google maps shows my old location.

As regards an iPhone to record my present wifi address, I guess no one around has one I.e. An iPhone. As such that path to try and resolve the issue is not possible.

Any method to manually change the location.

Location services not correct

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.