Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Will Geting a MacMini be a Downgrade?

At this time I have a Mid 2010 White macbook with the following specs.

Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

Memory 8 GB 1067 MHz DDR3

Graphics NVIDIA GeForce 320M 256 MB <(integrated)

Now as for the MacMini I plan on getting brand new 2012 baseline model has the following specs.

2.5GHz dual-core Intel Core i5 (Turbo Boost up to 3.1GHz) with 3MB L3 cache

Intel HD Graphics 4000 <(Is this better than the one in the macbook???)

4GB (two 2GB) of 1600MHz DDR3 memory ( I plan to put 8GB in this one as I did in the macbook )

Now I also think it may be relevant to say I plan to use this not only for every day things and watching movies music etc but I play a video game called Eve Online a mmo space game.

I should probably mention as well that I run 2 clients of Eve Online on this macbook with the specs above on medium graphics ok id just like something to use as a 2nd screen and having another computer would allow for less strain on the macbook. But I don't know a lot about the Graphics cards I cant get very much info on them. So would it be a upgrade for me to get the macmini, Graphics wise mainly, but I was going for an all around upgrade.

If it would help you help me the Specs for running Eve Online can easily be found through google.

Thx in advance. 🙂

Mac mini, Mac OS X (10.7.5), I love you!!!!

Posted on Dec 26, 2012 10:05 PM

5 replies

Will Geting a MacMini be a Downgrade?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.