Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My new iphone5 is overheating easily, unacceptable really

Like many others, my new iphone5 is having issue, serious issue ...

it heat up easily , at the back ( slightly redused after putting on a cover case ) and also the screen ( my thumb is like burning after playing even casual game )..

i did not have other 'heavy duty' app running in the background, i did those method told by others on the net (exp: reset and restore, even restore in DUF mode) nothing help ...

well , im sure everyone heard that iphone exploding case before, i really afraid it is going to happen on me APPLE.

im pretty sure its not only me suffering right now, there are thousand and million of pepople in different part of world, who are holding your expensive device and wondering " really ? iphone5 suppose to be like this because of the material choosen ? im suppose to feel or even hurted by the heat after paying this much ? "

ive tried updated it to IOS 6.0.2 , nothing change (well maybe the WIFI as claimed, maybe )

this is disappointing ....

please .. fix it ....

you dont wish to lose your market share to SA*****G , as much as i dont want man

solutionnnnnnnn plsssssssss

iPhone 5, iOS 6.0.2

Posted on Dec 27, 2012 12:33 AM

8 replies

Dec 31, 2012 2:51 AM in response to T-iphone Genius

it get hot extreamly fast specially playing hardcore game like for example -real boxing / wild blood etc

even casual game will still cause it hot , just slightly slower ...

well i believe your stop using for a while or a day works , in a way

but we dont pay the money to cope with the phone aint it ? specially when its selling at premium price, we expect premium product and performance isnt it ... sigh

My new iphone5 is overheating easily, unacceptable really

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.