Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Finder hangs on creating alias / Preview too (10.8.2)

Dear Apple-Community,

everytime I create an alias on my TimeCapsule, where I store my files, finder hangs.

Also, when I try to preview a file that is stored on the TimeCapsule, finder just stops working.

All that remains to do is to hold the power button until the system shuts down, as a restart of finder, nor does alt-cmd-esc work in killing finder.

Does anybody have a similar problem or does anybody have a working solution for this?

Thanks so much

Alex.

Posted on Dec 27, 2012 12:57 AM

1 reply

Dec 27, 2012 1:08 AM in response to at_01

Have you tried restarting your Time Capsule? Doing this will have the device perform a filesystem check to ensure its formatting is intact, which if not may result in hangs and crashes.

Try opening the Console utility on your system and select the "All Messages" section in this. Then in this view try your actions on the Time Capsule to see what error messages if any show up in the Console. Let us know what they are (approximately if you can't copy and paste them).

Finder hangs on creating alias / Preview too (10.8.2)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.