Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

stop spam on iCloud

Hi, I never ever use my iCloud email for anything, but I keep getting spams on my iCloud email, did Apple sell my iCloud email to spammers? How do I stop it?

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2), Macbook Air iPhone 5

Posted on Dec 27, 2012 6:43 AM

8 replies

Dec 27, 2012 8:00 AM in response to KAKAMASA

Judging by the number of people (myself included) who have suddenly started getting spam on their iCloud account, even on addresses that they have never used, it seems clear that spammers have somehow gotten hold of a master list of iCloud email addresses.

The chances of so many people, suddenly, all at around the same time, having unused, or obscure email iCloud addresses all "guessed" simultaneously is extremely unlikely. A server hack seems much more likely.

As usual, Apple have said nothing, and the spams keep getting through.

Dec 29, 2012 5:43 PM in response to KAKAMASA

This just started happening to me in the past few days, I've suddenly got a lot of spam in my in box where before I got NONE at all. On my Mac, those spam messages are in the spam folder, but when I look on my iPhone, those very same messages are in my in box. The spam fiiltering is working on my iMac using Mail, but not when using iOS on my iPhone. Something in iCloud is the culprit. Nothing else at all changed on my end.

Jan 8, 2013 2:34 PM in response to KAKAMASA

Me too,

I set up 3 aliases on my iCloud account. 3 quite cryptic addresses too, one being a shortened version of my first & last name for example, so not the kind of things that could be easily guessed. They were only active for a couple of months, never used & just set up for use in the future (Perhaps a migration from my existing, I've not decided really).

Anyway, within a couple of months I get my first spam. Then another 4 or so in over the coming 2 weeks. I unsubscribed & though I didn't think it'd work, they actually stopped.

Today, I got an advert from Mac Keeper (Dammit I hate that software!) but the "to" address was a random string of numbers so I don't actually know which e-mail address was used.

I try to be careful with where I enter my e-mail addresses but this is just annoying.

Nightmare Apple.

stop spam on iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.