Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Include all keyword hierarchy in version export metadata?

I've spent a lot of time rebuilding my Aperture 3 Library with a new workflow that includes extensive use of keywords. To simplify I have taken advantage of the keyword hierarchy that Aperture offers.

For example; an image with the keyword "Times Square" inherits "Manhattan", "New York City", "New York", "United States of America"

However, when I export my version of the image the EXIF metadata only contains "Times Square" and does not include the parent keywords. Almost the entirety of work I have done in building my keyword hierarchy is useless outside of Aperture - for example in posting to Flickr.

Is there any method of ensuring that all the inherited keywords are included in the version metadata?

Aperture 3, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Dec 27, 2012 7:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 27, 2012 7:53 AM

Is there any method of ensuring that all the inherited keywords are included in the version metadata?

No luck - that is driving me crazy too. It is particularly annoying, if you export and reimport; then you have all of a sudden duplicate keywords:

Your old "Times Square" as subkeyword of "Manhattan" and another "Times Square" at the top level. And all smart albums using the keyword "Times Square" do no longer work!

You could try to rename the keywords to include the inherited part: Times Square-Manhattan-NewYork ....

A better handling of hierarchical keywords is my fondest wish for Aperture 4 😁

Regards

Léonie

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 27, 2012 7:53 AM in response to mihorrocks

No luck - that is driving me crazy too. It is particularly annoying, if you export and reimport; then you have all of a sudden duplicate keywords:

Your old "Times Square" as subkeyword of "Manhattan" and another "Times Square" at the top level. And all smart albums using the keyword "Times Square" do no longer work!

You could try to rename the keywords to include the inherited part: Times Square-Manhattan-NewYork ....

A better handling of hierarchical keywords is my fondest wish for Aperture 4 😁

Regards

Léonie

Include all keyword hierarchy in version export metadata?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.