Hello Facetime pros,
I can no longer facetime with any of my usual contacts. We have a strong connection to the local wifi. We get an initial answer with a frozen frame from the other side, the audio is too choppy to use. Looking for help on this.
Here's our status - Facetime was previously working fine - could go to Uruguay and Wisconsin - no issues.
When I buy my mom an Ipad for xmas - and we try and facetime - poof - the issue above. I try with my usual contacts - same issue. I try from varioius wifi networks to try and isolate to a wifi issue on my side - same trouble from all the networks I try to all the recipients I've previoiusly contacted successfully.
We have tried all the suggestions here from Facetime Troubleshooting here -> http://support.apple.com/kb/TS3367
We have also tried these that one runs into when searching for this issue:
- Toggle Wi-Fi off and back on again (Settings > Wi-Fi).
- Toggle FaceTime off and back on again (Settings > FaceTime).
- Restart your router.
- Reset your router.
- Restart your device by pressing and holding the power button.
- Force the FaceTime app to close and launch again. To do so, double tap the home button, then tap and hold the FaceTime app icon; when they jiggle tap the minus to close the app. Double click the home button and restart the FaceTime app.
- Changing DNS info may fix FaceTime connection issues. To do this on iOS devices, simply tap Settings > Wi-Fi and then tap the blue arrow next to your Wi-Fi connection and edit the DNS field (enter the DNS servers; 126.96.36.199; Google’s Public DNS) . Please see this article for more info.
- Tap Settings > General > Date & Time and set a time that is one year ahead (like 2013) and try again. If this does not solve the issue, make sure you toggle “Set Automatically” on.
I have not tried reseting my device, but I had done that recently for another reason, so it's been done within the last 30 days.