Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

CD/DVD Not working in Macbook Pro 13"

Two days ago, I got a CD for Christmas and when I put it in the CD drive, it wasn't catching. It would keep trying and eventually I had to import the songs to my iTunes befote I could listen to them. Now today (Dec 27th) I tried to put a DVD in and it wouldn't physically take the disc in at all. It's trying to but it wont grab. I have restarted the computer, checked for software updates and reset the PRAM. My Applecare and support have expired as well. What should I do?

MacBook Pro (13-inch Early 2011), Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Dec 27, 2012 9:36 AM

5 replies

Dec 27, 2012 8:52 PM in response to BTP4479

I have an early 2011 MBP 13" and I don't even use it on a daily basis, and this situation has just happened to me today. A cd I received for Christmas will not go into the drive. I have tried to repair disk permissions, verify permissions, I think I reset the SMC, NVAM/PRAM. I am now wondering if I should try reinstalling Mountain Lion. I have mada an appointment at the genius bar for tomorrow but my warranty has also expired. I'm seriously upset about this, my MBP is almost new. If anyone has any suggestions that might help please let me know.

Thanks

CD/DVD Not working in Macbook Pro 13"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.