Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iphone 4s wont restore or get out of recovery mode

I have updated my itunes, my windows is updated and my iphone 4s wont complete restore. i will un plug it but then it stays in recovery mode just with the picture on my phone telling me to plug it in to itunes, it wont restart it just stays on that. help?

iPhone 4S, iOS 6.0.1

Posted on Dec 27, 2012 12:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 27, 2012 1:42 PM

Try DFU Mode Restore. DFU Mode. Open iTunes on computer. Connect iPhone to computer with USB cable. Hold both Home and Power button, after exactly 10 seconds release the Power Button, keep holding the Home button until iTunes recognizes iPhone in Recovery Mode, usually about 20 seconds time. If the iPhone screen is black, blank this is DFU Mode. Click the Restore button of iTunes. DFU Mode can be difficult to enter sometimes, just keep trying. DFU Mode is a black, blank screen with iTunes saying Recovery Mode. If still problem, and if you have Warranty or AppleCare make Genius reservation or set up Service and take or send to Apple for resolution.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 27, 2012 1:42 PM in response to katie283

Try DFU Mode Restore. DFU Mode. Open iTunes on computer. Connect iPhone to computer with USB cable. Hold both Home and Power button, after exactly 10 seconds release the Power Button, keep holding the Home button until iTunes recognizes iPhone in Recovery Mode, usually about 20 seconds time. If the iPhone screen is black, blank this is DFU Mode. Click the Restore button of iTunes. DFU Mode can be difficult to enter sometimes, just keep trying. DFU Mode is a black, blank screen with iTunes saying Recovery Mode. If still problem, and if you have Warranty or AppleCare make Genius reservation or set up Service and take or send to Apple for resolution.

My iphone 4s wont restore or get out of recovery mode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.