Skip navigation
This discussion is archived

Keychain Problem!

208 Views 1 Reply Latest reply: Apr 30, 2006 1:30 PM by Sijmons RSS
Chris Tsuchimoto Level 1 Level 1 (45 points)
Currently Being Moderated
Apr 30, 2006 10:09 AM
I was in Keychain Access and was attempting delete some of the old passwords that I don't use anymore. I didn't know that it was the wrong thing to do at the time, but I highlighted on one of them and selected File Delete, which was a big mistake.. To my surprise, the entire keychain was gone. It was login.keychain. Luckily, I backup Personal Data & Settings to my iDisk. I was able to restore it.

I have a couple of questions. After the restore, I noticed that there are 2 System Keychains and they appear to have the same things in it. Should there be 2 system keychains?

I also noticed that MicrosoftIntermediateCertificates keychain is locked and when I try to unlock it and enter my password, OS X Tiger won't take accept it. The password works with the other keychains, but not MicrosoftIntermediateCertificates. Is this by design? I have never accessed this before and it bothers me that it won't take my password.

Thanks in advance for any replies.
Windows XP
  • Sijmons Level 4 Level 4 (2,090 points)
    Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 30, 2006 1:30 PM (in response to Chris Tsuchimoto)
    Chris,

Which file exactly is duplicated?
    Library/Keychain/user?

I have the MS cert too, hasn't been touched for 2 years from the last modified date (well, I rarely install an MS program) but the behaviour is as you describe so it's probably normal. Could have been installed when I registered for a .Net passport, seems about two years ago that I did that.
    PB G4 17, 1.5 GHz, 1 GB ram, Mac OS X (10.4.6)

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.