Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud distributing spam ?

Am I right in thinking iCloud is allowing spam distribution ????

Here is part of the header....

Subject:Protect your Mac with MacKeeper
Date:28 December 2012 8:53:38 AM NZDT
To:undiscloded9452301@icloud.com
Reply-To:ovslmdkdwlmx@e-life.con.pm
Return-Path:<jorqfgrqfa@aol.com>
Received:from nk11p00mm-smtpin125.mac.com ([17.158.160.107]) by ms04563.mac.com (Oracle Communications Messaging Server 7u4-26.01(7.0.4.26.0) 64bit (built Jul 13 2012)) with ESMTP id <0MFP009VUGMCTZC1@ms04563.mac.com>

It arrived via my @me.com address.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8), 17"

Posted on Dec 27, 2012 12:29 PM

8 replies

Dec 27, 2012 1:59 PM in response to 8383

I also was spammed today by MacKeeper. This problem will continue until folks directly confront Apple with the spam issue (and the potential breach of their icloud system). You must insist that Apple change their spam policy and block ALL forms of spam and not try to rely on an ineffective SPAM folder as the answer to this problem. Any email message that reaches your spam folder is effective adverstising and promotion, whether you open it or not. Ideally, I would like the option to receive email only from those approved by me in advance.

Dec 27, 2012 2:15 PM in response to 8383

Getting fed up with this. If does not stop I will not be paying you for the service anymore. I've read up on what to do and place these emails in the junk folder so you can take care of it. Don't like dr oz don't like overhyped trash software don't like uninvited emails period. I do like my Mac emai but I might as well not pay for what I can get for free.

Jan 8, 2013 6:21 AM in response to 8383

I just received an email today from Mackeeper to my iCloud address and it was obviously spam. Than you click on unsubscribe and it asks for your email address....I'm skeptical that will work lol I am very disappointed in Apple, any idea how to contact Apple about this issue?

Jan 8, 2013 7:38 AM in response to ar29

Never click on unsubscribe links in spam emails! That's a sure-fire way to guarantee you get even more spam!

Why are you disappointed in Apple? All email accounts get spam. Spammers constantly find new ways to get around the spam filters that email providers have in place, and it can take a short while for the filters to be updated.

You can speed up the spam identifying process by forwarding spam email as an attachment to spam@me.com, move them to the Junk mail folder or mark them as spam.

See: http://support.apple.com/kb/TS4019

iCloud distributing spam ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.