Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Deleted projects keep coming back!

For some reason there are a couple of projects that will come back every time I delete them. They are labeled "Nov 2012 Photo stream" etc. They will come back after I relaunch Aperture and it doesn't matter how many times I delete them. There are no photos inside these projects each time. Any ideas?

Posted on Dec 27, 2012 12:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 27, 2012 12:28 PM

They are labeled "Nov 2012 Photo stream" etc.

These projects will be created automatically, as long as you have automatic import from the Photo Stream turned on. Do you have "My Photo Stream" enabled? And set to "automatic download"?

9 replies

Dec 27, 2012 12:32 PM in response to léonie

Automatic import is enabled but how does that work? Each time it only creates the projects with 0 photos inside it. What does that even mean? Is it because I have photos taken from Nov that are in my photostream and Aperture tries to import them but since they are already imported, it failed and then I'm left with a empty project? That's my best guess in trying to make sense out of this situation.

Dec 27, 2012 12:57 PM in response to léonie

Sorry I mistakenly clicked on solved my question but it's not yet solved. I've tried repair permission and repair database and both did not solve this problem.

I also notice that the when I first launch aperture the projects are not there, but shortly after 1-2seconds and some beechballing the projects are created. So I don't think this is a library problem, seems like there's some logic in there that are creating these empty projects. Any ideas?

Dec 27, 2012 1:17 PM in response to aapl.crox

BTW, what is your Aperture version? Have you updated to the latest version?

Aperture should only recreate the Photo Stream projects for the last month, and only, if there are images to import.

If it is not the library, that is corrupted, try trouble shooting your Photo Stream and reset it.

See

iCloud: Photo Stream Troubleshooting

i.e. the paragraph on: Is there a way to reset My Photo Stream?

Deleted projects keep coming back!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.