Skip navigation

iPad mini built-in speakers problem

468 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: Nov 1, 2013 6:43 PM by SergZak RSS
leiya107 Calculating status...
Currently Being Moderated
Dec 27, 2012 2:29 PM

I've been using my new iPad mini for a while, but I'm only recently noticing a potential fault on it. I wonder how you guys make of it.

It's about the built-in speakers. Even when the volume isn't turned all the way up, the sounds coming from the speakers start to "crack" (or, in more technical terms, "clip"). I turned to Garageband and used the panning feature and found out one side "cracks" much easier (as in "cracks" start in lower volume) than the other one. The non-"cracking" side often don't "crack" at all even when the volume is turned all the way up. Do you think it's normal for all iPad mini's small speakers? Or should I be asking for a repair/exchange?

iPad, iOS 6.0.2
  • bonne novelle Calculating status...
    Nov 1, 2013 6:36 PM (in response to leiya107)

did anyone reply to you on that? i have a similar problem.

• SergZak Level 4 Level 4 (3,285 points)
    Nov 1, 2013 6:43 PM (in response to leiya107)

Try to reset your device.

Device Reset (won't affect settings/data/music/apps/etc)

1. Press and hold (& continue to hold) BOTH the Sleep/Wake button & the Home button.

2. Continue to hold BOTH (ignoring any other messages that may show) until you see the Apple logo on the screen.

3. Release BOTH buttons when you see the Apple logo and allow the device to boot normally.

Aditionally, try to to reset your settings (make note of what they currently are to easily re-enter them after the reset):

Settings>General>Reset All Settings (this will NOT affect music, data, apps or otherwise)

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.