Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Converting to Epub format

Hi,

I am preparing to publish my book on iBooks. What I wrote is on Word documents and also on PDFs. Converting them to Epub was so expensive to outsource so I want to try it myself.

My question is, what is the best Epub software can use on my Mac? There are some options on the Mac app store but I wasn't sure which one is a complete package for someone who will publish a book on iBooks.

I would appreciate your help for finding a sofware that can achieve everything needed for iBook standards.

Thanks

iBook, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Dec 27, 2012 2:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 28, 2012 5:09 AM

Apple's solution is Pages. Pros often use Adobe Indesign.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4168

4 replies

Dec 28, 2012 6:12 AM in response to Tom Gewecke

Hi Tom,

Thanks for your reply. So if I buy Pages is it going to provide everything needed to publish a book on iBook Store? e.g. Am I going to be able create an ePub file with my book cover on it?

If you say that a casual user like me can handle Pages for this task it would be great as it is not that expensive.

I know Indesign, it is very expensive and professional, dont think it would be suitable for me.

One last thing: If I use iBooks Author than I had to publish my book ONLY in the iBook store, right? I guess that is why you did not recomment it to me.

Thank you.

Converting to Epub format

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.