Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

audio cassettes to iMac iTunes library

I was going to buy a cassette deck for the purpose of moving songs from audio cassettes to my iTunes library. It then occurred to me that maybe I could use one of my handheld cassette player/recorders for this purpose. Questions: (1) Can a portable cassette like a Walkman be used to move songs to my iTunes library? (2) If so, is there any difference in technique or equipment required for a cassette deck as opposed to a portable cassette player/recorder? (3) Could it be that better results can be obtained from a quality portable cassette player/recorder than from a bargain basement cassette deck?

iDVD 7.1.1 (1150)

Posted on Dec 27, 2012 3:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 28, 2012 4:25 PM

Well, the answer that I really needed has been answered: Yes, you can transfer songs from a handheld cassette player to your iTunes library. I just did it, and the results were everything I had hoped for. (1) the quality was as good as I have gotten from desktop cassette players (2) The only piece of extra equiment needed is an iMic, which I already had.

The only reason that I had been having difficulties was that I was using the wrong settings. Everything was quickly clearly up when I talked to a technician at Griffin, the manufacture of the iMic.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 28, 2012 4:25 PM in response to Niku

Well, the answer that I really needed has been answered: Yes, you can transfer songs from a handheld cassette player to your iTunes library. I just did it, and the results were everything I had hoped for. (1) the quality was as good as I have gotten from desktop cassette players (2) The only piece of extra equiment needed is an iMic, which I already had.

The only reason that I had been having difficulties was that I was using the wrong settings. Everything was quickly clearly up when I talked to a technician at Griffin, the manufacture of the iMic.

audio cassettes to iMac iTunes library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.