- Reset the iOS device. Nothing will be lost
Reset iOS device: Hold down the On/Off button and the Home button at the same time for at
least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears.
- Reset all settings
Go to Settings > General > Reset and tap Reset All Settings.
All your preferences and settings are reset. Information (such as contacts and calendars) and media (such as songs and videos) aren’t affected.
- Restore from backup. See:
- Restore to factory settings/new iOS device.
- Make an appointment at the Genius Bar of an Apple store.
There is where the problem lies.
Holding down the On/Off button and the Home button at the same time for at
least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears doesn't help as after that the screen remains black. My Itouch won't openly. It just says '95% battery power' but doesn't show on screen.
So i can't go to settings and do the desired thing.
- Also try DFU mode after try recovery mode
- If not successful and you can't fully turn the iOS device fully off, let the battery fully drain. After charging for an least an hour try the above again.
- If still not successful that usually indicates a hardware problem and an appointment at the Genius Bar of an Apple store is in order.
ok so it says connect to itunes and i did the restore of holding down the on/off button together with the home button on the top and it didn't show anything for a good 10 mins. when i plug it in the wall it shows the connect to itunes and when i hold the buttons down it just goes to the apple logo and then back to the connect to itunes icon again.................what do i do next any suggestions. when connected to a computer it just doesn't turn on period!!!!!
gonna try charging for an hour and then give it a go again...........any ideas PLEASE!