Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

App Store continually lists Final Cut Pro X in Updates, even after it has been updated.

Resolution: You have a copy of the app on another disk that has not yet been updated. Update it, or move it out of the Applications folder on that drive.

Problem:

After I update Final Cut Pro X, Motion 5 and Compressor 4, and restart the App Store application, all these apps continue to be listed in the Updates section as though they had not been updated. Re-applying the update does not help (and wastes bandwidth).

I found this comment:

If you have a backup or additional copy of Final Cut Pro X, Motion 5, or Compressor 4 on a mounted disk partition or connected external drive, this can cause unexpected results.

On this ticket:

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS4057

It prompted me to check my other drives. I did in fact have another hard drive with an /Applications folder, that contained older versions of those apps. When I deleted them and replaced them with the latest versions from my boot drive, the problem went away.

Final Cut Pro X, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Dec 27, 2012 3:40 PM

There are no replies.

App Store continually lists Final Cut Pro X in Updates, even after it has been updated.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.