Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes 11 Mac Video Playback Choppy

Have a Macbook Pro 13". Using iTunes 11.0.1. Just upgraded memory from 4GB to 8GB thinking this would help with playback. Video playback stutters every 5 seconds. I've seen the myriad issues surrounding the windows version, but not the Mac.

All software is up to date. Any suggestions on what to do?

MacBook Pro (13-inch Late 2011), Mac OS X (10.7.5), iTunes 11.0.1

Posted on Dec 27, 2012 8:14 PM

3 replies

Jan 27, 2013 6:21 PM in response to JimboCombo

I posted this elsewhere, and it really worked for me. I own a copy of TechTool Pro 6 and used it to defragment my hard drive. I know that Apple says that OS X only requires defragmentation once a year (I assume that I will not need to do it again any time soon, but will see how things proceed), but once doing so iTunes 11.0.1 works great.

Sometimes there are slight delays when, let's say, when I move from movies to television series, but other than that, video plays great.

You can use other utilities to defragment your hard drive if you do not use TechTool Pro 6, for instance Drive Genius.

iTunes 11 Mac Video Playback Choppy

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.