Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there a YouTube Airplay button for MacBooks?

I can easily airplay YouTube videos through my Apple TV if I use my iPhone or iPad by simply going to the YouTube video and pressing the airplay button. Is there a similar functionality for MacBooks? My MacBook Air is updated to Mountain Lion and airplay works for mirroring and listening to stuff on iTunes, but there doesn't seem to be a button for YouTube videos. Is this possible at all? It'd weird if you could only airplay YouTube through iPads and iPhones, and not MacBooks.

MacBook Air (13-INCH, MID 2011), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Dec 27, 2012 7:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 27, 2012 8:03 PM

AirPlay in OS X is not specific to an application. You mirror the whole view, not just that of a specific application. If you go into System Preferences > Displays you'll have two choices related to AirPlay.

AirPlay Mirroring: Off or Apple TV

Show mirroring options in the menu bar when available (this is a checkbox)

If you enable AirPlay Mirroring it'll broadcast an exact replica of what's on your MacBook Air's display to the TV via the Apple TV.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 27, 2012 8:03 PM in response to jlam520

AirPlay in OS X is not specific to an application. You mirror the whole view, not just that of a specific application. If you go into System Preferences > Displays you'll have two choices related to AirPlay.

AirPlay Mirroring: Off or Apple TV

Show mirroring options in the menu bar when available (this is a checkbox)

If you enable AirPlay Mirroring it'll broadcast an exact replica of what's on your MacBook Air's display to the TV via the Apple TV.

Is there a YouTube Airplay button for MacBooks?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.