Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Few features missing in iBooks app

Hi,

I have around 3,000 books on my iPad (iPad 2, bought in 2011). I was reading a book yesterday and at the same time I downloaded a PDF in my library. The book that I was reading was closed, and the problem was that I had several such books with the same name: " the hardy boys". Now when I did a search for all hardy boys, I was shown a list of matching books. I opened one of the books, but that wasn't the one I was readin, so I moved back to library, and puff.. The search list was gone. So I had to again scroll up to the top (please note 3000 books, and i am at letter "t" at the bottom). I had to repeat this again and again just find which book I was last reading. I really feel some features would come in very handy. Below is the list for the same:

1. A scroll bar, it becomes a pain to scroll up and down without any scroll bar.

2. Make the search field always visible when user is in library.

3. A separate list of read books, sorted on the basis of recently closed.

Hope the message reaches to concerned to department.

Regards.

iBook, iOS 6.0.2, iPad 2, late 2011

Posted on Dec 27, 2012 8:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 27, 2012 9:55 PM

Forums here are user-to-user, so I wouldn't hold my breath on Apple seeing your comments.

As always, feel free to use the 'Provide iBooks Author Feedback' menu item for features you'd like added in the future, etc.

http://www.apple.com/feedback/ibooks-author.html

3 replies

Few features missing in iBooks app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.