Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

After updating to 6.0.2 iPhone 5, is now unable to connect to any wireless Wi-Fi network.

After updating to 6.0.2 iPhone 5, is now unable to connect to any wireless Wi-Fi network.

Has anyone had any issues with updating to iOS 6.0.2 on their iPhone 5?

Prior to the update, was able to connect to any Wi-Fi wireless network, including WPA2.

After updating to 6.0.2, is now unable to connect to any wireless network.

Anyone seeing this same issue, have any ideas on a work-around?

iPhone 5, iOS 6.0.2

Posted on Dec 27, 2012 10:15 PM

16 replies

Dec 28, 2012 1:02 AM in response to GenShe

The WiFi problem on the iPhone 5 is a known issue with the latest IOS. There is an update available (approx 70Mb in size) which is a partial OS patch which fixes the problem affecting WiFi connectivity.

My new iPhone 5 (bought yesterday from an Apple Store) notified me of this update last night automatically. I would recommend applying this update before going any further.

I used the option in settings on the phone to Update.

Hope this helps 🙂

Dec 28, 2012 3:57 AM in response to aaronivar

New facts ...

Indeed the problem with the Wi-Fi is coverage issue ("antenna").

I've successfuly connected the iPhone to Wi-Fi router when I very close to it 1-2 meters.

When I increased distance from it more than 2 meters it is stoped work again.

Of cause, any other devices (e.q. Phone with 6.0.1 too) work well from normal distance

I think, the problem not in HW. It seems that in 6.0.2 Apple changed some configuration /calibration parametrs for Wi-Fi.

I opened case to Apple and start to look to downgrde iPhone to 6.0.1

😟

Jan 15, 2013 6:00 PM in response to julianapple

I also experienced the same problem. Bought the iphone 5 in indonesia in Dec 2012. That time it was preloaded with ios 6.01. Everything went ok and I could easily browse using wifi in my bedroom. After the upgrade to 6.02, everything just stopped. I got error "Unable to Join".

I've tried

- Reset Network

- Reset All Settings

- Restore from backup

- Restore as NEW

None of the above worked!!

The only thing that make it work, if I'm in the same room where the router is. Similarly in my office, I'm not able to join the network unless, I'm very near to the router.

My other devices, work well without problems.

Jan 24, 2013 10:44 AM in response to Bigabiga

Hi,

I have the same problem. I have an iphone 5 and I have tried everything possible but it does not seem to work. But I have noticed then when I unplug the internet cable and only let the wifi work it connects like a charm and when I connect back the internet cable and the wifi is on internet the phone does not connect.

It was working okay before the 6.0.2 update but now it's been a pain the the back. I tried to hookup the phone without internet connection and it connected and worked for some time but after some time it left the connection again and said "unable to connect" "DIsmiss".

Maybe some of you could tryout this too, hope it helps someone. Trying out all the resets and router setting is just useless as other devices work normally without any problem. So don't waste your time on it.

I think until Apple comes out with a patch for it. They should give an option to rollback to 6.1.

Best wishes

Ron

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.