Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No longer can view original after plugin round trip?

I'm starting to learn some plugins with aperture and have found that whenever I round trip an edit to and back from a plugin I can no longer view the original file. The original file of course is still there as part of the stack, but by press 'm' I cannnot easily toggle between before and after. Is this normal? Any way around it?

Posted on Dec 27, 2012 10:06 PM

2 replies

Dec 27, 2012 11:38 PM in response to aapl.crox

When you use a plug-in or an external editor, you break the lossless workflow. Aperture will create a new original file(a psd or tiff file) from the version you are editing. And this new original will be sent to the plug-in, and this original will be the one you are seeing when you toggle with "M". So after a roud-trip to the external editor, you can anly toggle back to the new quasimaster(original) with "M", not all the way back to the imported original.

You cannat avoid this, only by doing all edits with Aperture provided adjustment tools and avoiding external edits.

Regards

Léonie

Dec 28, 2012 1:43 PM in response to aapl.crox

I would recommend turning off Stacks and testing -- that way you can see exactly what is happening. The "real' original is still there (unless you deleted it), as well as the original that was created for sending to the plugin or external editor. You can toggle to the original, but only from a version other than the one round-tripped.

Ernie

No longer can view original after plugin round trip?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.