Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

itunes won't let me buy music.

I click on the $1.29 button, but nothing happens. No download, no alert message.. it's like the button is broken. I have a registered card and plenty of $ on my giftcard balance. itunes is up to date.

I've tried a lot of things but nothing is working. help!

Posted on Dec 27, 2012 11:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 28, 2012 11:29 AM

I am having the same problem with movies. Here is the link to the thread. No solution yet. https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4636880?answerId=20705463022#20705463022&ac_cid=op123456#20705463

17 replies

Dec 28, 2012 11:35 PM in response to stasiamarie28

I was on the phone with Apple support for 4 hours with this very same issue. It just started happening to me last week (Dec. 20th) and thought iTunes might have been experiencing some problems but when I tried again on Dec. 26th then again Dec. 27th I had to call support. When I click on the purchase button, you can see it "indent" or turn a darker grey when you roll over it but nothing happens - no "enter password" or prompts come up - nothing. I wish I had an answer. I am able to purchase iTunes from my iPhone and a PC - just doesn't work on my Mac Book Pro lap top. The Apple Tech helped me update to iTunes 10.6 (as much of an update that my laptop could handle) and that still did not resolve the issue. If I get any answers I'll be sure to share them! -DJ Kelli Kel

Dec 29, 2012 6:40 AM in response to DJ Kelli Kel

Yes. I have a Mac Book Pro and I am having the exactly the same problem. I can download movies to my ipad but not the computer. My OS is Snow Leopard. I do not want to upgrade to Lion, because then I will have to upgrade or buy new versions of some expensive software. A friend suggested that I upgrade my OS to 10.6.8, which I probably will do. I live in Mexico most of the time, but I will be in the States in a week and I plan to go to a Genius Bar and see if there is anything they can suggest. If we both are having this problem, there have to be more people out there having it too.

Dec 29, 2012 1:21 PM in response to stasiamarie28

I am thinking once I set up Time Machine and back everything up, I may completely reinstall iTunes - it may have just gotten corrupted/buggy some how. The Apple Tech was going to help me through the process but knowing that I rely on my music library as a pro DJ, we both thought it best to wait till I had everything backed up additionally to TIme Machine and then proceed from there. Will keep you posted as well - let me know how it goes at the Genius Bar.

Dec 29, 2012 1:44 PM in response to stasiamarie28

I have exactly the same issue since I upgraded to iTunes version 10.6.3 on my Mac Mini. In order to get the newest version of iTunes I would need to upgrade to a new OS version (which we don't want to do right now).

Apple Tec was not able to help. I got the usual answer: uninstall iTunes and re-install! No frigging clue how to uninstall iTunes - I did ask, but only got links sent to me that do not in any way help!

So, if anyone uninstall and reinstalls, let me know what happens (and if you can let me know how I do an uninstall that would be great).

In the meantime i'll be purchasing via my iPad - at least that still works (download just takes a bit longer).

Would be nice if someone from Apple could provide support here. It's not an isolated issue!

Dec 30, 2012 11:48 PM in response to stasiamarie28

Same problem here.

I'm running itunes 10.6.3 and can't update to a newer version.

interestingly it will let me download podcasts (doesn't seem to matter if they are older or newer podcasts) but not free music or video.

I can still buy and download music on my iphone then sync it to my itunes but that is really inconvenient.

I will probably talk to my friend who is an apple genius next week and see if we can figure it out. I will update if i find a solution.

Jan 10, 2013 11:12 PM in response to Jane Lurie2

Let me know if you have any incompatibility issues as that is my biggest concern. I make a living with my Mac Book Pro and need it to be compatible with my DJ software and controller. Everything I'm running works perfectly and don't want to run the risk of it buggin out on a gig by changing the OS. It's a major inconvience not being able to purchase music on iTunes.

itunes won't let me buy music.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.