Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

SSD on MBP early 2011.

Hello to everybody!

I want to upgrade my MBP by installing of a SSD instead of optical drive.

Please help me to choose the best of SSD that fits to my model.

I've read a few test and made a short list of SDD. Here it is:

Plextor PX-256M5P

Corsair CSSD-N240GBGTX_BK

OCZ VTX4-25SAT3_256G

OCZ is the fastest one by tech spec, but I have read somewhere that OCZ SDD's doesn't fit to MBP as well as it kills of MBP's motherboard or something like that.

Is that true?

So please help to chose one of these 3 model or advise me an other model.

Thanx a lot.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Dec 28, 2012 12:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 28, 2012 12:54 AM

Pesronally, I have and recommend the Crucial m4 series for Mac users. They just 'play well' with Macs and you can update the firmware on a Mac, unlike some other brands with which you need to use a Windows machine to update firmware.

It's not the very fastest drive around - but quite a few of us around here have them and have had no problems with the drives.

If the other models that you mention fit the MacBook Pro form factor, I'm sure that they would work. But I'd take a look at the Crucial m4 256GB SSD - the price/performance ratio is very good.

Go to the Crucial site and look around. You can usually save a few dollars by shopping at Amazon, Newegg, etc.

Good luck,

Clinton

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 28, 2012 12:54 AM in response to Michael Nikonov

Pesronally, I have and recommend the Crucial m4 series for Mac users. They just 'play well' with Macs and you can update the firmware on a Mac, unlike some other brands with which you need to use a Windows machine to update firmware.

It's not the very fastest drive around - but quite a few of us around here have them and have had no problems with the drives.

If the other models that you mention fit the MacBook Pro form factor, I'm sure that they would work. But I'd take a look at the Crucial m4 256GB SSD - the price/performance ratio is very good.

Go to the Crucial site and look around. You can usually save a few dollars by shopping at Amazon, Newegg, etc.

Good luck,

Clinton

SSD on MBP early 2011.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.